Architecture x 12: buildings we love
This week marks the century’s last sequential date on December 12, 2012, and given the numerical significance, we thought we'd take the opportunity to share a dozen of our favorite architectural photos...
So, below are 12 picks for 12/12/12, hand-selected from MYD's photographic archives- all are from our own travels and architectural adventures, and several have been featured in MYD's 'Buildings We Love' series.
Click on any photo for more information and full gallery links- enjoy!
1. Phillips Exeter Academy Library by Louis Kahn | Exeter, 1971
2. Dominus Winery by Herzog & de Meuron | Yountville, 2006
3. Seattle Central Library by Rem Koolhaas | Seattle, 2004
4. Case Study House #8 by Charles + Ray Eames | Pacific Palisades, 1949
5. Institute of Contemporary Art by Diller, Scofidio + Renfro | Boston, 2006
6. Niterói Contemporary Art Museum by Oscar Niemeyer | Rio de Janeiro, 1996
7. Sydney Opera House by Jørn Utzon | Sydney, 1973
8. Kings Road House by Rudolph M. Schindler | West Hollywood, 1922
9. JFK Library and Museum by I.M. Pei | Boston, 1979
10. Oakland Cathedral by Skidmore, Owings and Merrill | Oakland, 2008
11. Nix Nature Center by Roesling Nakamura Architects | Laguna Beach, 2006
12. Solar Energy Lab by MYD | San Juan Capistrano, 2009